Viva Las Vegas! Millions a year flock to this shiny city in the desert to try their luck at the tables, or simply to catch some great entertainment. From Elvis Presley impersonators to the real Britney Spears you can see it all down on the Strip. But don’t be dazzled by all that sparkles in the lights and glam of Vegas. There is actually more to this city than meets the eye.
1. the MUST see…Whether you rent a car or take a bus tour, get out from the lights of Vegas Boulevard and go see one of the greatest natural wonders of the world; The Grand Canyon. Trips are easy to book and it is truly something you must see for yourself. Pictures and videos online do no justice to the real thing. For those not afraid of heights, try the Skywalk where you walk out on a glass walkway hanging 4770 feet above the bottom of the canyon.
2. the MUST eat…In Las Vegas food is overflowing everywhere. Buffets are bountiful and every resort tries to claim the top bragging rights as best buffet in town. Yet none can quite measure up to the epic variety of cuisines that you can feast upon at the Caesars Palace Bacchanal Buffet. With its unique wood and steel design decor, this gigantic 25,000-square-foot room features cuisines from around the globe. Be sure to leave room for their red velvet pancakes. There are plenty of options to please vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free eaters which makes this buffet one to treat yourself to.
3. the MUST shop… Every resort on ‘the Strip’ has a mini mall of sorts inside, so shopping is everywhere. But nothing can compare to the Fashion Show Mall. With over 250 shops and restaurants in the complex, there is always something exciting happening here. You can even catch a live runway show.
4. the MUST stay… Vegas is known for great hospitality and excellent hotel services and amenities. It is almost too hard to say which resort is best, but there is something extra special about the Wynn Encore. It was good enough for Prince Harry to stay in – not much more to add than that!
5. the MUST do off the beaten path… Everyone will eventually make it north to the old Fremont Street Experience where old casinos like the Four Queens and Golden Nugget reside. The best time to go is after dark when live music and best live performers entertain the crowd. There is now a zip line which gives people the sensation of flying above the street. Zooming along super hero style at 40 miles per hour is an experience that is literally off the beaten path of Fremont Street!