Few items of clothing are as timeless and versatile as a leather jacket. Rarely do we see such an essential garment that screams ‘cool’ no matter what. Let’s dive into the world of styling leather jackets, in partnership with ‘AllSaints’, and be ready to discover how to wear this all-time effortless piece in ways that may even surprise you!
If you are looking for a stylish casual look to travel, run errands or hang out with friends, why not pair the classic black perfecto with a white t-shirt, red sporty trousers and plain sneakers? You can never go wrong with our all-time favourite black leather jacket.
2. Wild Wild West
Take a break from your go-to black leather jacket and trade it in for this uber-stylish fringe jacket. A cowboy piece with a contemporary twist that pretty much goes with anything in your closet!
3. Make it Dressy
If you’re looking for something a bit more polished and dressy but still fashionable and cool, then swap those jeans for a detailed black dress. How do you like Carla’s choice of a curve-fitting dress, black leather jacket and killer boots, all from AllSaints?
4. White Out
Stand out in a white leather jacket to bring that uniqueness and style to a whole new level. Marie has chosen a mini skirt and sweater, layered under her leather jacket, for an effortless yet cool look which is perfect for a casual weekend.
We both agree that a white perfecto certainly looks very different to the way black ones do. Since we can’t decide between the two, let’s have both!
5. Camel Moto Jacket
This gorgeous camel colour pairs perfectly with everything in your closet. Neutral shades are extremely versatile as it can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Carla paired this camel moto jacket with a graphic tee, boyfriend jeans, and brown sandals for a casual yet stylish everyday look.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE LEATHER JACKET
Did you know that…?
- It dates back to World War I, when the leather bomber was introduced for fighter pilots. It was appreciated for its insulating capacity and warmth.
- The first leather jacket outside the military sector was designed in the 1920s. The so called ‘Per-fecto’ was designed for Harley Davidson; it had a zipper instead of buttons and was a shortened version of the original one.
- Hollywood moment: In the 1940s and 50s, movies like Rebel Without A Cause, amongst others, contributed to the launch of the leather jacket as an item used by charming boys like Gary Cooper or Marlon Brando. This is how this garment began to be conceived as a symbol of charm and rebellion.
- Leather jackets are worn for safety. Motorcycle riders often wear them to reduce the risk of bodily injury during an accident, as it creates a thick barrier of protection between the rider’s body and the pavement.
- The fringe jacket, worn by Marie in one of the looks, was initially popular amongst cowboys as the fringes were designed to shed rain and dry faster when wet!
- How do you recognise a biker jacket? Well, it has a pointed collar with snaps and zipper that you can fasten, when riding a bike, to protect you against the wind.
- Buying a leather jacket is an investment and offers a timeless style! A genuine leather jacket will keep you comfortable, stylish and looking your best for years to come.
- Leather jackets are easy to maintain. 100% genuine leather doesn’t require any special maintenance other than the occasional spot cleaning.
Wardrobe: AllSaints (@allsaintsme)
Photographer: Arsan Hassan (@arsan_photography)
Stylists: Carla Otero & Marie Auffret (@thestylistes)
Location: AllSaints, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai